Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Canmore Fundraiser Was a Great Success!

This is an update that just came in from Amanda, who organized a fundraiser for Mat recently with the help of her husband Eric:

"On Sept 25th 2010 Eric & I held a benefit dance on behalf of Mat and raised $1840.00 to help him with the fight of his life.

We had some really good prizes donated to us to sell tickets on and everyone who was there seemed to enjoy the prizes and themselves, which I know would of put a big smile on Mat's face had he been able to attend. Also all the Labelles walked away with a prize, Eric & I were so very happy they were able to join us.

I had so much fun planning this event. Mat is truly an amazing man and we have a bond that not many can relate to I know in my heart Mat will overcome this awful illness as I did and am going on 3 years remission.

On another note, Eric, myself & some good friends of ours decided that May of 2011 that we want Mat to come to Canmore, Alberta to walk in the RELAY-4-LIfe along side me as a survivor. This coming May will be my 4th RELAY-4-Life and there has been six reg. team mates who have come to me and said that they are going to buy Mat's plane ticket to join us next year. These friends have never met Mat but they want to and this is their way of showing their support.

So Mat, keep the boxing gloves on and we are all looking forward for RELAY-4-LIFE 2011. Lots of love"

Amanda & Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment